The online Community News and Local History Magazine for Bloxwich & District - Edditid by a Bloxidge mon!
The Prince of Wales
The Prince of Wales, 2002 (Stuart Williams)
9610/W The Prince of Wales, 1930'sback to top
- The original Prince of Wales pub was built on High Street in the 19th century.
- The Prince of Wales pub sign comes originally from an old French coat of arms, which was adopted by the Black Prince, son of Edward III.
- This pub was owned by William Starkey in 1861 - a baker by trade, and in the 1920ís was owned by Anne James of Walsall.
- It was rebuilt in 1928 and in the 1930ís the licensee was Richard Hamer, his widow taking the license over by 1938. In 1946 Samuel Smith was licensee.
- A full license was confirmed in 1951.